Pulsed Light Permanent Hair Removal
Free Hair Removal Consultation now and call us at (305) 541-1630 today to schedule your appointment at Liz Skincare in Miami or conveniently book on-line at http://www.secure-booker.com/lizskincare/BookOnlineStart.aspx. We are conveniently located in the heart of Miami’s Little Havana District and proudly serve Miami-Dade and Broward County. Just minutes from Downtown Miami, Coral Gables, Brickell, Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne and South Beach.
With advanced technology we can treat a variety of skin types & ethnic groups safely.
Pulsed Light treatments are ideal for both large and small body areas on most ethnic groups and skin tones. This advanced technology transcends the older, painful hair removal treatments to deliver long-lasting results. Many factors influence hair growth – age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, metabolism, and medication – all play a part in your hair’s location, thickness, and resilience. Pulsed Light treatments slow the growing capacity of follicles in the growth cycle at the time of the treatment. Because the Pulsed Light process affects more than one hair at a time, it is possible to treat larger areas such as the back, shoulders, arms, legs, and face. And as an added benefit, Pulsed Light treatments leave your skin looking and feeling smoother and silkier.
How our treatment differs from electrolysis and laser hair removal.
Electrolysis is a much slower process. With electrolysis, a needle is actually inserted into each hair follicle. Once inserted, an electric shock burns the follicle to retard growth. Pulsed Light hair reduction treatments only use intense pulsed light energy. This unique process is relatively painless and unlike the laser hair removal process, Pulsed Light works equally well on most skin pigmentation without removing any of the pigment.
We encourage consistency for better results
The number of treatments you may require for optimal long-term benefits depends on the area(s) you wish to have treated, the hair density and the hair’s growth cycle. Pulsed Light slows the growing capacity of follicles in the growth cycle at the time of the treatment. Since some hair follicles may enter their growth cycle after your treatment, five to ten treatments may be required to deliver optimal results.
The treatment is painless and there is no down time!
After your Pulsed Light session, the treated area is cleansed and you can immediately return to your normal activities. Your technician may recommend that you use a specially formulated skin care product line or may recommend a skin care regimen especially formulated for your skin type to help you maintain your results. The use of sun screen is recommended on any treated area that will be exposed to the sun.
IPL Hair Removal Before Treatment recommendations:
- Before any treatment you must avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams for approximately one month and refrain from using these products throughout the course of the remaining treatments.
- Shave the area that is to be treated the day of the appointment to ensure a clean hairless surface. Thick overlaying hair, if not shaved, will absorb the laser energy and superficial thermal injury can occur. We offer shaving service in our facility. For those hard to reach areas.
- For under arms, it is important to NOT use any anti-antiperspirants or deodorants on the day of the appointment.
- On the day of the appointment try to avoid any perfumes, colognes, after-shave, or body lotions on the area to be treated.
- For treatment on the bikini area please dress appropriately and bring a change of clothing if necessary.
- Please note that once the decision has been made to begin hair removal treatments, you are no longer allowed to tweeze, wax, or use hair removal creams in between treatment. If absolutely necessary you may only shave the area to be treated.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Accutane (or other oral retinoids) within the last 6 months
- History of keloid scaring
- Any abnormal or undiagnosed pigmentations
- Atypical moles of malignancy
- Non-intact skin (i.e. sores, psoriasis, eczema, infection, rash)
- Laser resurfacing in treatment area within 3 months
- Any medical conditions involving impairment of skin structure, especially healing
- Poorly controlled Diabetes
- Nickel allergy
- Recent chemical or mechanical peel in treatment area (within 2 weeks)
- Wait 2 weeks before/after injectable or filler procedures in treatment area